Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Making heart health a priority
Heart health is about more than just your heart. Blood pressure, cholesterol, family history and other factors all play important roles in keeping your heart strong. If you have questions about your heart health but aren’t quite sure where to begin, start with a heart health assessment and learn more about any risks you may have for heart-related conditions. Your journey to a stronger heart starts here.
Warning Signs of a Heart Attack
If you are not sure that you are having a heart attack and you need to know more, try answering these questions:
- Are you having discomfort in the middle of your chest?
- Are you having any of the following chest discomfort symptoms: Fullness within the chest, burning within the chest, aching within the chest, tightness within the chest or similar type symptom?
- Do these chest discomfort symptoms come and go?
- Are these chest discomfort symptoms worse with activity and disappear when you rest?
- Are you reluctant to tell someone of these symptoms?
- Are you reluctant to call because you think your mild symptoms do not warrant doing so?
- Do you have any of these other associated symptoms: Discomfort that goes from the chest to your left arm or to your jaw, clammy perspiration, shortness of breath, nausea or dizziness?
- If you carry with you nitroglycerin, does the nitroglycerin seem to take away the discomfort within 5 minutes?
If you answered yes to most of these questions you owe it to yourself to get these symptoms checked out immediately at the Emergency Department of one of our facilities. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Survive, Don’t Drive – Call 911
- Acute Care
- Emergency Services
- Geriatric Care
- Heart Care
- Intensive Care
- Mother & Baby
- Occupational Medicine
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Therapy
- Sleep Center
- Surgical Services
- Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Outpatient Therapy
- Swing Beds
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Home Health
- Digestive Health